Forum

Get started!

Get access to valuable resources, peer advice and share your own collective impact successes.

Happy New Year from HKNC

Happy 2018!

Helen Keller National Center and I hope you are having a great new year and will have much success in your practice with deaf-blind and hard-of-hearing seniors. It is my privilege to be able to work with each of you in providing technical training and assistance to seniors 55 and "better" who have combined vision and hearing loss.

Please be sure to look for information on our upcoming Confident Living Program at our National Headquarters and Training Center in Sand Point, New York. This program will be for 5 seniors who are culturally-deaf and blind or low vision. Interpreters will be provided throughout the week. This is a great opportunity for a senior or seniors from your state to receive the much needed training and information this program offers. Please consider sending a senior from your state!

For you, MSU OIB-TAC offers the opportunity for 4 Program Managers each year to attend the Confident Living Program in New York. These are generally offered each May and October, in order to gain knowledge and hands-on experience in working with persons who have combined vision and hearing loss. After attending, MSU OIB-TAC will reimburse you for travel expenses to attend. For the May 2018 CLP, we are looking for 2 Program Managers who have experience using American and/or Tactile sign language. Your experience and willingness to attend and contribute to the program is essential to the success of this program. Please consider attending in May if you have this skill. Or, designate someone else to attend who would like to be a part of the training. This is a wonderful train-the-trainer opportunity to thoroughly immerse in learning the latest techniques and technologies for senior adults with dual loss of vision and hearing. Please contact me or Bill Tomlin if you are interested in attending a Confident Living Program.

Coming Soon... Confident Living Program On-the-Road!

Comments

salvador torres's picture

Oh great.Happy new year.I wish you have best future.Lucky to meet good person and enjoy your self better.I read all of your posting here.The website is so cool and easily understood what you are talking.Great.Feel free to refer custom writing services,https://www.essayguardian.com/
Melodye May's picture

Good Afternoon, What is the cost of bringing the Confident Living on the Road to Delaware? Thank you.