Wednesday, April 15, 2020 - 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm CDT
On April 15, 2020, please join the AccessWorld team of authors as they discuss information published in the February, 2020 edition of AccessWorld with us. The issue on Aging & Low Vision, and this discussion, is generously sponsored by the OIB-TAC at Mississippi State University. This call will be geared toward professionals who work with older people with vision loss. Join us to listen, learn, and ask questions of top experts in the access technology field!
In this presentation you will learn about:
- Low-tech and no-tech solutions, aimed at guiding older people losing vision down the path of continued independence (Free to
- News from the ATIA conference: new products and updated features of products we know
- The IPEVO VZ-X: a lower-priced, well-designed, multi-function magnification tool that is a serious contender in the low vision market
- The BlindShell cell phone: a completely accessible cell phone with a tactile number pad and buttons and a consistent, easy-to-use menu system, designed for anyone wanting a bit more than a flip phone and unwilling to tackle the learning curve of a smartphone.
- The Talking Black & Decker Toaster Oven: a kitchen appliance that is completely accessible
- The Sangean PR-D17 radio: a simple way to access your favorite news and entertainment
- Accessible methods for learning to play the guitar and other musical instruments
- Reviews of three great technology related books that can help improve your tech skills
10 a.m. Pacific
11 a.m Mountain
12 p.m. Central
1 p.m. Eastern
Access Code 197638