Previous Weekly Tips
- Check out past Seminars@Hadley for presentations on many topics.
- iFocus videos from Hadley can help someone learn to use VoiceOver for various tasks.
- Apple has a toll-free helpline for individuals with disabilities: 1-877-204-3930.
- Applications for free 411, directory assistance service, is available from most phone service providers. Just ask for their Disability Service Center.
- The closer your eye is to a magnifying glass, the wider the field of view.
- Use dark or light colored cutting boards, plates, or placemats to enhance contrast.
- A Support Service Provider (SSP) is a paid or volunteer aide who can provide assistance to individuals with both vision and hearing loss. To learn more visit AADB.
- Do you need continuing education credits? There are many online courses available for free! Check out our Continuing Education area.
- Many seniors with vision loss worry that their signature is not legible. These seniors should rest assured that it is more important for their signature to be consistent than legible.